Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love risotto but I hate having to stand stirring all the time, this can be left to it's own devices.
- 2 large leeks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g risotto rice
- 1 liter hot vegetable stock
- 175 vegetarian blue cheese, crumbled (vegetarian stilton cheese)
- Trim the leeks and slice into rings. Wash well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan with a lid. Fry the leeks for 2 minutes and add the rice. Stir until grains are coated.
- Bring the stock to the boil and add to the rice and return to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes without stirring making sure the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Season if desired and serve.
Easy risotto and it was rather nice not to have to stay standing behind a hot stove for the entire cooking process. Definite comfort food if you are a leek or blue cheese fan.