Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I love risotto but I hate having to stand stirring all the time, this can be left to it's own devices.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
Easy risotto and it was rather nice not to have to stay standing behind a hot stove for the entire cooking process. Definite comfort food if you are a leek or blue cheese fan.
- 2 large leeks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g risotto rice
- 1 liter hot vegetable stock
- 175 vegetarian blue cheese, crumbled (vegetarian stilton cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the leeks and slice into rings. Wash well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan with a lid. Fry the leeks for 2 minutes and add the rice. Stir until grains are coated.
- Bring the stock to the boil and add to the rice and return to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes without stirring making sure the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Season if desired and serve.