Recipe by ciao
This is my version of my spanish Mom in law's Chicken and Rice. Hers is good, but I like mine better! Really easy and quick to throw together, and all the ingerdients can be kept on hand! And it's one of the few dishes my kids will eat!
Top Review by Kannwilson
As I was making this, I thought maybe it needed something else but when I tried it, it didn't need a thing! It was very good, I even had another helping. It's also very easy to make. I think next time I will leave out the olives though. I didn't really like them in there but that's just a personal preference.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) boxesgoya yellow rice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sliced canned carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup canned potato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add chicken, and saute until slightly browned, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add 3 cups water, bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice mixes, cover tightly, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, stir in remaining ingredients, just until they are heated through.
- This takes only a couple of minutes.
- Then serve!