Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my version of my spanish Mom in law's Chicken and Rice. Hers is good, but I like mine better! Really easy and quick to throw together, and all the ingerdients can be kept on hand! And it's one of the few dishes my kids will eat!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) boxesgoya yellow rice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sliced canned carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup canned potato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add chicken, and saute until slightly browned, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add 3 cups water, bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice mixes, cover tightly, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, stir in remaining ingredients, just until they are heated through.
- This takes only a couple of minutes.
- Then serve!
As I was making this, I thought maybe it needed something else but when I tried it, it didn't need a thing! It was very good, I even had another helping. It's also very easy to make. I think next time I will leave out the olives though. I didn't really like them in there but that's just a personal preference.