Recipe by Svetlana Sixveesix
This Hungarian capsicum stew is easy to prepare and yummy. Serves 6 as a side dish, delicious with fried food eg. Schnitzel or fried mushrooms and potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 large red capsicums, sliced into thin strips
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions gently in the oil until translucent.
- Add the capsicums and simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes until going soft.
- Add the tinned tomates and seasonings and simmer for another 15 minutes until everyting is soft, adjust seasonings and serve.