Chef #1403540's Note:
Make your own Non-Stick cooking spray. I found this many years ago in a great cookbook. MAKE YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE FOODS by Don & Joan German. What I love about it is, "No propellents, no chemicals, no waste. And it lasts a long time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unflavored vodka (any brand)
- 4 teaspoons liquid lecithin
- 1We've all seen PAM and other sprays for Non stick cooking.
- 2Now you can make your own at a fraction of the cost and no additives at all. Just pure liquid Lecithin which is a derivitive of Soy Beans.
- 3You can buy Liquid Lecithin in most health food stores.
- 4Pour Vodka into a jar with a screw on lid. Add the lecithin and shake to dissolve. That's it!
- 5If the idea of Vodka bothers you, you can use vegetable oil, corn oil or canola oil. But the oils will not dissolve the lecithin completely.
- 6As your pan heats the alcohol will evaporate leaving nothing but a thin coating of lecithin. NOTHING sticks! And it's easy to wash up.
- 7You can apply this with a basting brush, or a small spray bottle. I find a square of clean paper towel works best.
- 8Use only as much as needed to cover the bottom of a pan. A little goes a long way. No refrigeration required.
- 9Personally, I LOVE IT.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lecithin Pan Coating
Serving Size: 1 (1094 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7167.1
- Calories from Fat 7848
- Total Fat 872.0 g
- Saturated Fat 130.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g