Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make your own Non-Stick cooking spray. I found this many years ago in a great cookbook. MAKE YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE FOODS by Don & Joan German. What I love about it is, "No propellents, no chemicals, no waste. And it lasts a long time.
- We've all seen PAM and other sprays for Non stick cooking.
- Now you can make your own at a fraction of the cost and no additives at all. Just pure liquid Lecithin which is a derivitive of Soy Beans.
- You can buy Liquid Lecithin in most health food stores.
- Pour Vodka into a jar with a screw on lid. Add the lecithin and shake to dissolve. That's it!
- If the idea of Vodka bothers you, you can use vegetable oil, corn oil or canola oil. But the oils will not dissolve the lecithin completely.
- As your pan heats the alcohol will evaporate leaving nothing but a thin coating of lecithin. NOTHING sticks! And it's easy to wash up.
- You can apply this with a basting brush, or a small spray bottle. I find a square of clean paper towel works best.
- Use only as much as needed to cover the bottom of a pan. A little goes a long way. No refrigeration required.
- Personally, I LOVE IT.
This is a super recipe. I used it for pan coating for a pound cake and it released effortlessly. And the cake browned beautifully.