Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hello. This is a healthy and delicious meal I made very often (sometimes even omitting Kielbasa). The only thing is I never measure the ingredients so please feel to adjust the amount of ingredients if you feel like it. This dish I know from Poland so I am not sure whether it is an orginal Lecho.
- 2 -3 medium zucchini, peeled and diced
- 2 -3 bell peppers, cubed (red, green or yellow)
- 3 big onions, cubed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 -2 lb smoked kielbasa or 1 -2 lb Polish kielbasa, cubed
- 3 -4 teaspoons vegetable seasoning, Vegeta (optional)
- 1 -3 tablespoon tomato paste
- Saute onions and peppers.
- Add all other vegetables and Kielbasa.You also can saute the kielbasa first before mixing with vegetables so the kielbasa will be more crunchy and without fat.
- Lower the heat and continue cooking until vegetables are tender (you can cover a little bit if you want more liquid).
- Add tomato paste, salt , pepper and vegetable seasoning (Vegeta, if you have it).
- Serve with French Bread. Enjoy. Smacznego.
This dish is delicious and healthy but don't add vegeta in it!!! Read the vegeta ingredient it's poisonous for many people and have msg in it!! Many people don't realize why they getting sick and fat and simple correction to it is read what you add as a spice to your food...vegeta is the one poisoning you!
Family was very pleased with this one. Followed Kitty Z's example and added some extra paprika and lemon juice, served on a bed of rice with garlic bread. Thanks a bunch!
This was tasty, and a good way to stretch a little bit of sausage. As written, this makes a lot; I cut it in half and fed three (very happy) people. There's no Vegeta here, so I put in a bit of garlic and lemon juice and upped the paprika (really a must in this). Thanks!