Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious Latin American custard.
Make and share this Leche Asada recipe from Food.com.
- Place enough sugar in a 9x13 casserole dish to cover the bottom and place in oven at 400.
- Cook in oven, stirring occasionally, until sugar is a carmel color.
- Beat eggs until well blended.
- Add milk and sugar to eggs.
- Pour into casserole over carmelized sugar.
- Cook for about an hour, or until the top is golden brown and a inserted knife comes out almost clean.
When I finally managed to make this recipe, the result was amazing, but I lost some Pyrex in the process. Keep physics in mind when you throw the milk/egg mixture into your hot pan--warm up the first and cool the latter! And add a teaspoon of vanilla for a great finish!