Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lebon Khar, or Cucumbers in Sour Cream, has many variations in spices. It might be found in homes and small cafes through out the Middle East as a vegetable side dish or as a salad. Yogurt may be used instead of sour cream.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup commercial sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander, ground
- Combine the green and white things and cool until ready to serve. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until smooth.
- Add sauce just before serving and toss lightly.....
This was very tasty.
This food is yummy i love the mixture of the ingrediants!
Bill, I don't know how to pronounce the name of this recipe,but the taste speaks for itself,it is an outstanding mixture of flavors,Thanks so much,Darlene