Prep time does not include 8 hours chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat honey until it bubbles and cool.
- 2Stir in sugar, egg, juice and rind.
- 3Cool to lukewarm.
- 4Add spices and flour. Stir.
- 5Add citron and nuts.
- 6Dough will be soft. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 8 hours (Up to one week).
- 7Shape into 1-inch balls with floured hands.
- 8Flatten with 1/2 of an almond.
- 9Bake 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet, 12-15 minutes at 375°F until lightly browned.
- 10Glaze while warm.
- 11Glaze: 1 cup sifted powder sugar 5 Tbsp rum or water stirred until smooth.
- 12Store in air tight container and let mellow.
Nutritional Facts for Lebkuchan
Serving Size: 1 (915 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3084.1
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 943.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 676.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.1 g
- Sugars 441.3 g
- Protein 47.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of