Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This simple caffeine free drink is served in the mountains of Lebanon, especially after a meal heavy in garlic. It is basically a mint tea with orange blossom water. From the cookbook From the Tables of Lebanon, Traditional Vegetarian Cuisine. Enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange blossom water (mazaher)
- honey (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat.
- Add the mint leaves and orange blossom water.
- Let set for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain out the mint leaves, and serve in small demitasse cups. Sweeten to taste if desired.
Absolutely delicious! I'm eating pemmican bars with my tea :) I think this would be delicious iced, too. Made for NA/ME Tag.