Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so good! Little nut filled bites, with a hint of cinnamon. Translated from "Cocina Libanesa," by Anne Wilson.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, and heat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add orange water and sifted flour, and stir until the mixture forms a thick dough.
- Set aside.
- To prepare the filling, combine the nuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Form 1 inch balls with the dough, and press the center to form a dent for the filling.
- Fill each cookie with about a teaspoon of the filling, and place the cookies on the parchment.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
Excellent!! I will try a cookie scooper or ice cream scooper next time so that they are all the same size. My mom places an almond or pine nut in middle of cookie rather then the topping. Both delicious!! Thx
Delicious! I didn't have any orange blossom water so I too used 2 tsp of vanilla. I sprinkled a little powdered sugar over them after they cooled for a few minutes. Thanks for a nice recipe.
I just made these cookies last night, and I gotta say they are fantastic! I used vanilla instead of the orange blossom water, too. I also used a large cookie scoop to make the cookies uniform. I just pushed the dough into the scoop to form a shell, put the filling in and topped with a bit more dough. I plopped them out onto a sheet and baked them as directed. They came out perfectly shaped! Thank you for sharing this recipe!