These are so good! Little nut filled bites, with a hint of cinnamon. Translated from "Cocina Libanesa," by Anne Wilson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, and heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Add orange water and sifted flour, and stir until the mixture forms a thick dough.
- 4Set aside.
- 5To prepare the filling, combine the nuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 6Form 1 inch balls with the dough, and press the center to form a dent for the filling.
- 7Fill each cookie with about a teaspoon of the filling, and place the cookies on the parchment.
- 8Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- 9Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Walnut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.0
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 52.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange blossom water