Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. Serve with bulgur or couscous. I have not made this yet and yes, that does seem like a lot of garlic to me. Adjust to your own tastes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, cleaned and tied with string
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- In a medium casserole, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions, stirring occasionally until golden, 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring 1 minute. Add tomatoes, carrots, potatoes and parsley. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, lemon pepper, cinnamon, coriander, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and garbanzo beans. Cover and cook for 10 minute.
- To serve, discard parsley, Stir in yogurt and heat through.
Made for NA/ME forums' Lebanon tour. I was really eager to try this recipe as I like everything thats in it and enjoy veggie meals. I may have done something wrong or mismeasured an ingredient because, sadly, it wasn't what I had hoped for. I love trying recipes that are new to me but I doubt that I'll give this one another try, sigh.