Posted for ZWT6. Serve with a green salad to complete your meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1/2 cup zucchini, cut in 1/4 inch dice (yellow squash would work as well)
- 1 cup fresh fava beans, blanched and peeled
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1On a cutting board, mash the garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt together with the side of a knife until a paste forms. Place in a small bowl with the lemon juice and set aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan, then add the onions and sauté until they soften.
- 3Add the ground chicken and cook on high, breaking up the meat, until the juices start to run out. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and the allspice.
- 4Add the rice, squash, beans, and hot stock. Lower the heat, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Turn off the heat.
- 6Remove the cover and add the garlic and lemon mixture, stirring to combine.
- 7Cover and let rest for another 5 minutes.
- 8Place the rice in a serving dish, sprinkle with the cilantro, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Style Fava Bean Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.4
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 558.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 26.1 g