1 hr 25 mins
A recipe from my mother-in-law who is an excellent cook! Of this recipe she says, "A dollop of plain *real* yogurt on top of each serving is relished by the Lebanese."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup rice, uncooked
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 cup lean ground beef or 1 cup ground lamb
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 6 baby zucchini, par boiled and center scooped out
- 3 potatoes, peeled, halved and center scooped out
- 1 head cabbage, leaves taken off whole and blanched
- 1 beef bone
- 1 lb tomato
- 1/2 pint water
- 1In a bowl combine the rice, tomato sauce, allspice, cinnamon, ground meat, salt and pepper.
- 2Stuff the zucchini and potatoes with the meat mixture.
- 3Roll remainder of meat mixture in the blanched cabbage leaves (cigarette style); about 1 - 2 T each.
- 4In a large pot put 1/2 of the rolled cabbage leaves flat on the bottom.
- 5Place beef bone on top of cabbage.
- 6Next, layer the zucchini, then potatoes, then the remainder of the cabbage rolls.
- 7Top with tomatoes and water.
- 8Cook, covered, over medium heat for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese: Stuffed Zucchini, Potatoes, & Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 739.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: