Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Stuffed Zucchini with Yogurt Sauce
- 2 lbs zucchini, medium size
- 24 ounces yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Wash zucchini, cut off stem and hollow them with an apple corer. If they are longer than 5 inches, cut them in half before you hollow.
- Mix all ingredients of filling. Stuff zucchini.
- Put in a pot with water, and 1/2 the quantity of cooked yogurt. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini to boiling yogurt, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add crushed garlic with dried mint to mixture. Boil for another 10 minutes.
Just a tip. Do not stuff zucchini's more than half way. Since the rice is uncooked, it will expand as it cooks and will bust the zucchini's.