1/4 Photos of Lebanese Spiced Potatoes (Batata Harra)
Similar to the flavourful potatoes you can purchase in Lebanese restaurants throughout Ottawa, Canada. This goes really well with Shoarma Spice Mix marinated chicken breast, Lebanese Rice With Sharia (Vermicelli) (Gluten Free), and a garlic sauce like, Garlic Mayonnaise (Aioli) without the cilantro and a little Balkan yogurt to lighten it up, along with, Middle Eastern Lebanese Fattoush Bread Salad, for a meal like the restaurants only way better! Recipe modified from a recipe found on http://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- canola oil (for frying)
- 3 potatoes (peeled and cut into medium cubes)
- 2 tablespoons cooking onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 shake cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1Heat canola oil and fry medium size cubed potatoes until crisp.
- 2Remove onto a paper towel lined plate.
- 3In another pan heat olive oil and add finely chopped onion, minced garlic, cayenne, ground coriander and finely chopped cilantro, saute then add the potatoes sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 4Mix well and add lime juice.
- 5Serve Immediately with garlic sauce such as Garlic Mayonnaise (Aioli) without the fresh cilantro added.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Spiced Potatoes (Batata Harra)
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.6
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: