Similar to the flavourful potatoes you can purchase in Lebanese restaurants throughout Ottawa, Canada. This goes really well with Shoarma Spice Mix marinated chicken breast, Lebanese Rice With Sharia (Vermicelli) (Gluten Free), and a garlic sauce like, Garlic Mayonnaise (Aioli) without the cilantro and a little Balkan yogurt to lighten it up, along with, Middle Eastern Lebanese Fattoush Bread Salad, for a meal like the restaurants only way better! Recipe modified from a recipe found on http://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com
- canola oil (for frying)
- 3 potatoes (peeled and cut into medium cubes)
- 2 tablespoons cooking onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 shake cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Heat canola oil and fry medium size cubed potatoes until crisp.
- Remove onto a paper towel lined plate.
- In another pan heat olive oil and add finely chopped onion, minced garlic, cayenne, ground coriander and finely chopped cilantro, saute then add the potatoes sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Mix well and add lime juice.
- Serve Immediately with garlic sauce such as recipe#108234 without the fresh cilantro added.