These cookies keep well stored in cookie tins. I have not frozen them but I think they could be frozen. Instead of the date filling you could use a walnut filling:1 1/2 cups walnuts chopped, 1/4 cup caster sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon mixed together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the butter into the flour until it is evenly distributed.
- 2Heat milk& sugar, stir until dissolved and cool to lukewarm.
- 3Pour the milk and 1/4 cup olive oil into the flour to form a soft dough.
- 4Knead until smooth.
- 5Chop the dates and put in a pan with 1/4 cup butter, cook over medium heat, stirring until the mixture is combined and forms a paste Remove from heat and add the rose water, stir to blend.
- 6Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board to about 1/4" thickness.
- 7Cut into 2" circles, place a teasp of the date filling in the centre and fold over to form a crescent, crimp the edges with a fork to seal Place Samusik on ungreased baking sheets and bake in a 350F oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown Place on a rack to cool.
- 8When completely cool place in cookie tins.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Sambusik, Date Crescents
Serving Size: 1 (838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: