Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cookies keep well stored in cookie tins. I have not frozen them but I think they could be frozen. Instead of the date filling you could use a walnut filling:1 1/2 cups walnuts chopped, 1/4 cup caster sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon mixed together.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it is evenly distributed.
- Heat milk& sugar, stir until dissolved and cool to lukewarm.
- Pour the milk and 1/4 cup olive oil into the flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead until smooth.
- Chop the dates and put in a pan with 1/4 cup butter, cook over medium heat, stirring until the mixture is combined and forms a paste Remove from heat and add the rose water, stir to blend.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board to about 1/4" thickness.
- Cut into 2" circles, place a teasp of the date filling in the centre and fold over to form a crescent, crimp the edges with a fork to seal Place Samusik on ungreased baking sheets and bake in a 350F oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown Place on a rack to cool.
- When completely cool place in cookie tins.