1/7 Photos of Lebanese Rose Drink (Sharab Ward)
A delicious pink drink that is probably enjoyed around the region. From the Lebanon/Syria/Jordan (& Palestinian) section of The Complete Middle East Cookbook By Tess Mallos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sugar and water into a pan and stir over medium heat until dissolved.
- 2Bring to a boil and add lemon juice.
- 3Boil without stirring, for 10 minutes, skimming when necessary.
- 4Add colouring to syrup to achieve a deep pink - it will be lighter when diluted later.
- 5Add rose water and boil 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat, cool, bottle and seal.
- 6To serve, put 2-3 tbs syrup or to taste, in a glass (I use more but maybe my glasses are big) then fill with iced water.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Rose Drink (Sharab Ward)
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: