Recipe by LARavenscroft
A recipe I found on a low carb website that I've altered to fit our tastes. Time to marinate is not included in cooking time. This chicken is great in the oven as it is written, but works equally well on the grill.
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 88.74 ml oil
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 8-10 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large plastic ziploc bag.
- Add chicken and seal bag, then turn well to coat all pieces with the marinade.
- Place bag in refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove bag from refrigerator one hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour any remaining marinade over the chicken.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375* and continue to roast 30 minutes or more if necessary until chicken is done.
- Baste with the pan juices every 10 or 15 minutes.