Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Dressed with a tangy lemon vinaigrette and fresh mint, this invigorating—and dairy-free—potato salad makes the perfect summer potluck contribution. From EatingWell magazine, May/June 2007. Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat (1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving). Posted for ZWT6.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool for 20 minutes. Cut the cooled potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Just before serving, add scallions and mint to the salad and toss gently.
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2; cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Add additional lemon juice and/or salt to taste.
We loved this potato salad. It was cool, literally, because of the mint. Made for ZWT 6.