Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another oatmeal cookie.
Make and share this Lebanese Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients (hands work best) except water until dough is combined and crumbly.
- Add water and vanilla and knead until smooth.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls and place on cookie sheets about 2" apart.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
These cookies have a wonderful taste. I had to watch them because the first batch was burning at 10 minutes. So the other ones, I baked them 8 minutes. Thanks littlemafia :) Made for Alphabet tag game
I really wanted to like these but the taste was off. I'm not sure what was causing it, maybe the shortening? Sorry I couldn't rate them higher.
I have company today and they managed to time their arrival with the cookies being fresh out of the oven. This is about 30 mins later and the pot of coffee and the cookies are just about gone. All I have left are the ones I put on the "photo plate" (which I sat aside after clicking). Everyone, without exception, gave a hearty 5 star rating. When little mafia said hand mixing works best she was serious. I started with the hand mixer and shortly switched to just the hand. Made exactly by the recipe and 8 mins baking (my oven runs hot) they turned out perfect. Made for Holiday Cookie Exchange in Photo Tag.