Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great served over rice or wheat pilaf.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 slices bread, soaked in 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups yogurt
- Saute onion in 1 tbsp butter until transparent.
- Cool slightly; mix with beef, egg, bread, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 1-1/4 inch meatballs and roll in bread crumbs.
- Brown slowly in remaining butter.
- drain off all but 2 tbsp of fat.
- Spoon yogurt over and around the meatballs; gently.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and serve hot.