Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A refreshing summer twist on lemonade that everyone loves. I got his from a cookbook I love "From the Tables of Lebanon" by Dalal Holmin &Maher Abbas. I have however taken a shortcut to make this and it is very good both ways. It is definitely worth tracking down Orange Blossom Water for this drink, it makes it unique. This may be on the sweet side for some, so consider using less sugar until you taste it.
- My way:.
- Juice the 4 lemons and put juice in pitcher discarding rinds,seeds and pulp.
- Add Sugar/Splenda and the water. Stir.
- Juice the 2 Oranges and add juice to pitcher.
- Add the 1 Tablespoon of Orange Blossom Water (mazaher).
- Chill and serve with a few ice cubes.
- Authors recipe:.
- Wash lemons and quarter them, place in bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar over lemons evenly, rubbing sugar into lemons and hand squeeze them in bowl.
- Put this mixture and water in a pitcher for 2-3 hours.
- Stir mixture then put through a strainer, discarding the pulp and rinds. Add Orange Juice and Orange Blossom Water.
- Chill 3-4 hours and serve with ice.
I took the long way 'round and used the "Author's Recipe" simply because it sounded like fun! I also used the orange juice option. This was a delight to sip in the shade and fun to make. Made for Spain & Portugal's June, 2010 Tag Game - ORANGES! Thanks for sharing this cool, orange flavored lemonade!
This was a lovely lemonade. The orange blossom water, certainly does make it exotic tasting. I found it slightly perfumy and not overly sweet. I used the orange juice option as well. Thank you for sharing this very tasty drink.