Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These lamb kabobs are delicious and unique. I use the Lebanese 7 spice blend to give it that fabulous distinctive flavor that is found in Lebanese food. These are great by themselves, but I think they are especially delicious in a pita bread spread with hummus and tabuleh. I have recipes for all of that on here too!
- 1⁄2 brown onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seven-spice mix (recipe follows)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb ground lamb
- Combine onion, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, mint, salt, 7 spice blend and egg in a bowl. Add lamb and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions. Shape each portion around a skewer, forming a log that is about 2 inched wide and 6 inches long. Slightly flatten it so that the center will cook well.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and grill skewers for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked to desired doneness. Serve immediately with pita bread, hummus and tabuleh.
- *For the Lebanese 7 spice blend: mix equal parts of allspice, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, fenugreek and ground dry ginger. Mix well and store in an air tight container.