Lebanese Laban Mutboukh (Cooked Yogurt)
- Place yogurt in a heavy saucepan.
- Blend beaten egg white into the yogurt.
- Add cornstartch& salt.
- Stir in the same direction until well blended.
- Place pan over medium heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Heat until it starts to boil, always stir in the same direction (this is important).
- Lower heat and let it simmer 3-5 minutes until thick.
- Use as required in recipes (Laba Bil Bayd-Eggs in yogurt is one recipe that calls for it- see separate posting).