Recipe by Mme M
I made this tuna salad recipe up; it is based on a tabouli recipe. While there is no bulghour in this recipe, you could certainly add it in. (Soak 1 cup bulghour in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain. Squeeze dry. Combine with tuna salad.)
Top Review by katia
Excellent tuna salad! Leaving out the mayo made this salad so light and perfect for the summer. I did reduced the olive oil in half but this was the only change I made. I served it on a lettuce bed and it was a great lunch! Thanks for posting Melissa!
- 2 (160 g) cans tuna in olive oil
- 75 g chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 3 stalks green onions
- 2 -3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped olive
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze out excess oil from the tuna.
- Flake the tuna.
- Add the salt, green or black olives, tomatoes, green onion, thyme, and parsley; mix.
- Mix the olive oil with the juice from the lemon until somewhat thickened.
- Pour this over the tuna and the other ingredients.
- Blend it all with a fork.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Chill for at least an hour.