Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this tuna salad recipe up; it is based on a tabouli recipe. While there is no bulghour in this recipe, you could certainly add it in. (Soak 1 cup bulghour in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain. Squeeze dry. Combine with tuna salad.)
- Squeeze out excess oil from the tuna.
- Flake the tuna.
- Add the salt, green or black olives, tomatoes, green onion, thyme, and parsley; mix.
- Mix the olive oil with the juice from the lemon until somewhat thickened.
- Pour this over the tuna and the other ingredients.
- Blend it all with a fork.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Chill for at least an hour.
Excellent tuna salad! Leaving out the mayo made this salad so light and perfect for the summer. I did reduced the olive oil in half but this was the only change I made. I served it on a lettuce bed and it was a great lunch! Thanks for posting Melissa!
This was really good! It is such a treat to find a tuna salad recipe that does not call for mayonnaise! I also liked this because it's super low carb! I will definitely be making this again.
I used to have a neighbor who was Lebanese and she would put lemon in everything. But she never made tuna salad, she thought of it as "American" food. This is a wonderful idea! I love the fact that there is no mayonnaise in here, it makes the salad that much more special. I used half parsley and half coriander leaves, served the salad on toasted whole-grain bread with some mint tea on the side. Yum!