Recipe by Poor College Kid
Inspired by a dish at one of my favorite Lebanese delis. I've used everything from canned pinto beans to fava beans to garbanzos in this, and it always tastes amazing. Takes a bit of prep time, but is definitely worth it.
Top Review by Eldeevee
I made this for dinner last night and it wasn't well received. I made it with white kidney beans and substituted red bell peppers for the green. My children smothered it with ketchup and I felt that the only flavour we tasted was the cilantro. We still have half of it left and I will add more lemon juice to help balance the cilantro. I also agree with Giddyupgo that the oil wasn't necessary and would not be missed if it was omited.
- 15 ounces beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste