Recipe by *Parsley*
Posting for World Tour. Light and simple.
Top Review by Mrs B
This is very pretty with the contrasting red onions and green beans. The parsley adds good visual interest too. I steamed this very lightly to retain crunch in the beans. I also reduced the lemon juice a bit as Mr B's not overly keen on it in salad dressings. The finished result was a very pleasant tasting side salad.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Cut beans into or leave whole. Steam beans for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
- Place beans in a large bowl with all remaining ingredients and toss well to combine.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.