Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very tasty vegetarian dish that can also be used as a side dish. It is typically eaten with pita.
- 1 kg eggplant, peeled and cut, lengthwise
- 1 kg tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup of cubed onion
- 2 tablespoons ground dried mint
- 10 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Heat olive oil in pot and fry the eggplants.
- Remove them and put them aside.
- Add the garlic to the same pot for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and keep until transparent, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggplants, chickpeas, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
Very easy & very delicious! The only change I made was to use fresh mint from the garden instead of dried mint. Everybody loved it. Made for NA/ME's visit to Lebanon 9/12.