Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very tasty vegetarian dish that can also be used as a side dish. It is typically eaten with pita.
Make and share this Lebanese Eggplants (Messaka'a) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat olive oil in pot and fry the eggplants.
- Remove them and put them aside.
- Add the garlic to the same pot for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and keep until transparent, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggplants, chickpeas, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.