1/2 Photos of Lebanese Eggplant Jam (Murabba Mhashee Batindshan)
1 hr 30 mins
echo echo's Note:
Here's one I haven't tried yet but have been wanting to. Time to make does not include a steeping period of 24 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover eggplant cubes with water and bring to a boil; let cook 10 min and drain. Dissolve sugar in 2 cups water.
- 2Place cloves in small square of cheesecloth, pull corners together and tie with thread to make a bag. Place in sugar water, bring to a boil, add to the eggplant and remove from heat.
- 3Let stand 24 hours.
- 4Drain the eggplant, reserving the syrup. Boil the syrup 20 minutes, add the eggplant back in and boil 30 minutes more.
- 5Remove the bag of cloves.
- 6Stir in the lemon juice and pour jam into hot sterilized jars.
- 7Let cool completely and store in a cool dark place.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Eggplant Jam (Murabba Mhashee Batindshan)
Serving Size: 1 (885 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 171.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 164.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: