Recipe by winkki
Cool, thick, and refreshing. Great with any Lebanese dish...gyros/shwarma, tabbouleh, stuffed grape leaves, falafel, baba ganouj, hummous, etc...serve with lots of pita. This is basically a no-cook recipe, great for those hot days in the kitchen! Final chill time may vary by personal taste and fridge/temp/etc.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonnatural low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grate or chop cucumber; do this over a bowl to catch any liquid.
- Finely chop white bulbs of spring onions and about 3 inches of the green stalks.
- Mix all ingredients (incl juice of cucumber), season to taste with salt& pepper.
- Chill in the fridge until cool.
- To serve, ladle into individual dishes and garnish with thin slices of cucumber and sprigs of fresh mint or chopped mint.