1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Cool, thick, and refreshing. Great with any Lebanese dish...gyros/shwarma, tabbouleh, stuffed grape leaves, falafel, baba ganouj, hummous, etc...serve with lots of pita. This is basically a no-cook recipe, great for those hot days in the kitchen! Final chill time may vary by personal taste and fridge/temp/etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton natural low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 1/2 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped (reserve a few leaves for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Finely grate or chop cucumber; do this over a bowl to catch any liquid.
- 2Finely chop white bulbs of spring onions and about 3 inches of the green stalks.
- 3Mix all ingredients (incl juice of cucumber), season to taste with salt& pepper.
- 4Chill in the fridge until cool.
- 5To serve, ladle into individual dishes and garnish with thin slices of cucumber and sprigs of fresh mint or chopped mint.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Cucumber Soup
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 46.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g