1/2 Photos of Lebanese Cookies
Different from the "cookies" we are used to making. Seems like a bit of work, but my neighbor makes them and they are yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In mixing bowl, beat cooking oil and butter until blended; beat in sugar.
- 3Add orange juice, baking powder and baking soda, mix well.
- 4Gradually add flour to make a soft dough.
- 5With clean hands, shape dough into 2-inch ovals. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- 6Cool about 2 minutes and remove to a wire rack.
- 7Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the 3/4 cup sugar, honey and 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil. Gently boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 8Dip the COOLED cookies into the warm syrup.
- 9Sprinkle immediately with the finely chopped walnuts.
- 10Return to wire rack to set.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 46.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g