Different from the "cookies" we are used to making. Seems like a bit of work, but my neighbor makes them and they are yummy!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In mixing bowl, beat cooking oil and butter until blended; beat in sugar.
- Add orange juice, baking powder and baking soda, mix well.
- Gradually add flour to make a soft dough.
- With clean hands, shape dough into 2-inch ovals. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool about 2 minutes and remove to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the 3/4 cup sugar, honey and 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil. Gently boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Dip the COOLED cookies into the warm syrup.
- Sprinkle immediately with the finely chopped walnuts.
- Return to wire rack to set.