Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
During a trip to Montreal, we had the tastiest chicken wrap sandwich at a little Lebanese food stand. I had to come up with this recipe to keep my husband from hopping in the car and driving the 4 hours back to Montreal for more.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into bite size strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
For the sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tahini sauce (optional)
- In a large nonstick pan, heat oil and then add the chicken, chopped onion, minced garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, cumin, oregano and enough salt and pepper to taste. Make sure chicken is well cooked and browned.
- In a small bowl mix the mayo, lemon juice and garlic powder.
- Heat flour tortillas by steaming in microwave for 1 - 2 minute covered in a damp paper towel.
- Assemble wrap by placing one tortilla on a piece of aluminum foil, then fill with chicken, garlic mayo spread, and then top with the optional toppings of tomato, onion, lettuce and/or tahini sauce. Wrap closed with foil and twist foil end.
can't believe I never rated this....make it all the time. I have never had one prior to this, so not sure what it tastes like from a street vendor, but this has become one of our traditional summer meals now and greatly enjoyed by anyone who finds themselves at our table. Thank you!
The flavors dance in your mouth and there's a "Mmmm" with each bite.
I really liked this recipe. It is a great summer night meal,very fresh and light yet not at all lacking in flavor. I used a third of the called for chicken and added some honey to the chicken onions and garlic mixture to tone down some of the cumin flavor. I also drizzled ranch dressing inside the wrap instead of mayo and found it complimented the chicken flavors very well. Easy. Quick. Light. Delicious.