Recipe by C. Taylor
During a trip to Montreal, we had the tastiest chicken wrap sandwich at a little Lebanese food stand. I had to come up with this recipe to keep my husband from hopping in the car and driving the 4 hours back to Montreal for more.
Top Review by Elainia
can't believe I never rated this....make it all the time. I have never had one prior to this, so not sure what it tastes like from a street vendor, but this has become one of our traditional summer meals now and greatly enjoyed by anyone who finds themselves at our table. Thank you!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into bite size strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
For the sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tahini sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick pan, heat oil and then add the chicken, chopped onion, minced garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, cumin, oregano and enough salt and pepper to taste. Make sure chicken is well cooked and browned.
- In a small bowl mix the mayo, lemon juice and garlic powder.
- Heat flour tortillas by steaming in microwave for 1 - 2 minute covered in a damp paper towel.
- Assemble wrap by placing one tortilla on a piece of aluminum foil, then fill with chicken, garlic mayo spread, and then top with the optional toppings of tomato, onion, lettuce and/or tahini sauce. Wrap closed with foil and twist foil end.