1/2 Photos of Lebanese Chicken With Rice
Scott Hannigan's Note:
A delicious one-pot wonder which keeps for several days and is just as delicious cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 diced onions
- 300 g ground beef or 300 g ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or 1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups hot stock (you can use 3 beef or chicken stock cubes, if so omit the salt)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1Heat the olive oil over high heat in a pan.
- 2Sauté the chicken on both sides until golden brown.
- 3Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- 4Add the onion and ground beef to the same hot pan.
- 5Cook until the onions and meat is beginning to brown, then add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- 6Add the cinnamon, allspice, cayenne pepper (or chilli flakes) and salt; sauté two minutes while stirring.
- 7Stir in the rice making sure that it is fully covered with the oil and spices, place the chicken in the rice.
- 8Add the pine nuts.
- 9Pour in the stock or water and cover. Cook slowly for about half an hour. Stir occasionally and as you do so allow the chicken to break up. You may need to add extra hot water if the rice gets a little dry.
- 10Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with minced parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Chicken With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.9
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 552.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: