Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast and easy dish to make on a weekend night after working all day.
Make and share this Lebanese Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook chicken, onion and garlic in the butter in a large skillet for about 6 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning once.
- Add orange zest, orange juice and salt to skillet.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and all spice onto chicken.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions.
- Top couscous with chicken and sauce before serving.
Yery Good ... I normally associate chicken with lemon, but the combination of orange juice and spices really worked well. I am still a Solo eater but the extra chicken kept it's flavor when refrigerated and became the basis of nice cold sandwiches for several days.
This was great! I also added a 1/2 tsp of rosewater, and used cardamom instead of allspice. Wonderfull!
I cooked this for my mom and dad. They were a little skepticle at first because of the unusual ingrediants. I didn't use the couscous but it was still a big hit!