Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Interesting, different & healthy!
- 1 lb green cabbage
- 2 tomatoes (plum- seeded & chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup parsley (finely-chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup scallion (diced, white & green parts)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the cabbage in half. Cut away the hard core and slice the cabbage crosswise into 1/2-inch strips, then crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces. There should be 4 cups; if there is extra, set it aside to add to soup or another salad. Place the cabbage in a mixing bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley and scallions, and toss with a fork to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, garlic and salt until the salt dissolves. Mix in the oil.
- Season the dressing to taste with pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss for 1 minute to coat it well, then let sit 10 minutes for flavors to meld. Serve immediately.
My husband and I really enjoy this salad. We make it pretty often. It goes great with spicy Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food and grilled meat. In fact, my husband has decided it's one of his favorite salads ever. Really easy, light, and fresh.
My family isn't big on cole slaw but loves cabbage salads. this was no exception! easy & delicious. Made for NA/ME forum visits Lebanon 9/12.
Interesting, different, healthy AND delicious. We love, love loved this simple cabbage salad and will be making it again really soon. My only change to your recipe was to shred my cabbage much finer than you asked for GG#3 as I like thin cabbage-not fat cabbage-in a salad. We ate this with freshly caught fish, and chips and it was a perfect side for them.