Leave out the pepperoni and ham for a vegetarian pizza. You can make them as healthy or as fatty as you like. You can also add other veggies and meats like leftover BBQ chicken, sausages, minced beef, mushrooms, cooked broccoli florets, Spanish onion etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lavash bread (I use Lebanese Bread)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste (or pizza sauce of your choice)
- 1/2 small sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 4 leaves silver beet (deveined)
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- pepperoni, sliced (about 125 grams)
- ham, cubed (about 125 grams)
- Greek feta cheese, cubed (or crumbled)
- grated pizza cheese
- 1Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180°C.
- 2Place cubed sweet potato in microwave safe bowl and cover with hot water. Cover bowl and cook in microwave for about 4 - 5 minutes or until just tender. Stir half way through cooking.
- 3Lay out Lebanese breads on ungreased oven trays and spread tomato paste or pizza sauce onto them.
- 4Wash silverbeet well and slice out centre vein. Chop roughly and line the bottom of the pizzas with as much or as little as you like.
- 5Drain sweet potato and place cubes evenly on pizzas.
- 6Place as much pepperoni and ham as you like on each pizza. (I usually use about 8 slices of pepperoni for each one).
- 7Next goes the tomato wedges.
- 8Place the cubed feta in the gaps on the pizzas. (You can layer the feta and tomato on the pepperoni if there isn't enough room).
- 9Sprinkle the top of each pizza with pizza cheese.
- 10Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until the top browns slightly.
- 111 pizza per person as a general rule. Keeps well for a couple of days in the fridge and can be reheated in the microwave.
- 12TIP: It's also nice to just spread garlic butter on the bread and toast in the oven.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lebanese Bread Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 241.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: