Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Leave out the pepperoni and ham for a vegetarian pizza. You can make them as healthy or as fatty as you like. You can also add other veggies and meats like leftover BBQ chicken, sausages, minced beef, mushrooms, cooked broccoli florets, Spanish onion etc.
- 4 lavash bread (I use Lebanese Bread)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste (or pizza sauce of your choice)
- 1⁄2 small sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 4 leaves silver beet (deveined)
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- pepperoni, sliced (about 125 grams)
- ham, cubed (about 125 grams)
- Greek feta cheese, cubed (or crumbled)
- grated pizza cheese
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180°C.
- Place cubed sweet potato in microwave safe bowl and cover with hot water. Cover bowl and cook in microwave for about 4 - 5 minutes or until just tender. Stir half way through cooking.
- Lay out Lebanese breads on ungreased oven trays and spread tomato paste or pizza sauce onto them.
- Wash silverbeet well and slice out centre vein. Chop roughly and line the bottom of the pizzas with as much or as little as you like.
- Drain sweet potato and place cubes evenly on pizzas.
- Place as much pepperoni and ham as you like on each pizza. (I usually use about 8 slices of pepperoni for each one).
- Next goes the tomato wedges.
- Place the cubed feta in the gaps on the pizzas. (You can layer the feta and tomato on the pepperoni if there isn't enough room).
- Sprinkle the top of each pizza with pizza cheese.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until the top browns slightly.
- 1 pizza per person as a general rule. Keeps well for a couple of days in the fridge and can be reheated in the microwave.
- TIP: It's also nice to just spread garlic butter on the bread and toast in the oven.