Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Spring Salad compliments of the Wal-Mart produce section (got it from one of those recipe cards). I had some leftover fresh basil that I needed to use. This salad is just delicious!
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 crisp apple, peeled,cored,and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Toss lettuce, apple, basil and mint together in salad bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over mixture.
- Toss lightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add more lemon juice if necessary.
- Garnish with pecans.
- I used 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar, also.