Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy crab cakes! I serve them with jasmine rice and a sauce from Blackened Tuna Bites with Cajun mustard. Mmmm! I am particular about crab cakes and I don't like a lot of stuff that normally goes in them so this is how I make them. =)
- 1 (6 ounce) canwhite crabmeat
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat
- 1 small egg
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Mix everything but lump crabmeat together good.
- Then gently fold in lump crab meat.
- Form into balls and flatten.
- Heat oil and butter.
- Cook cakes until golden brown ( 4-5 minutes on each side).
We loved these... the only thing I did differently was add a few more bread crumbs, as we like our cakes a bit more on the breaded side. Could have been cuz I used store-bought crumbs...but a cook friend of mine said "they're better than MINE!" so I'm definitely keeping this recipe. I adopted this chef in the PAC 2008 game. Good job, Leasa!