Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is actually some of the stuff I had left over from making Leasa's Italian Pasta Salad... plus a few other ingredients. Delicious!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can hearts of palm, pre-cut, drained
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 yellow onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Saute the green pepper and onion in butter for about 3 to 4 minutes, set aside.
- Sear the chicken on both sides in the same pan the peppers/onions were sauteed in, until white on all sides.
- Pour in the chicken broth, Italian dressing, and tomatoes.
- Add in the pepper/onion mix and the hearts of palm.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. (Flip half way through).
- Lemon vinaigrette: Mix all ingredients and when chicken is done, shake well and pour over chicken mixture. As much or as little as you like.