Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"This is a hearty filling soup. Cooks all day in the crock pot. Easy to prepare and everyone loves it. Very flavorful and different from your average bean soups."
- cooked seasoned hamburger
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried great northern beans
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried navy beans
- 12 cups water
- 1 lb raw carrot, sliced
- 6 -8 potatoes, cubed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 8 garlic cloves or 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Rinse dry beans in a strainer.
- Put into crock pot and add about 12 cups of water (depending on how you want the consistency) and 1 Tbsp sea salt.
- Turn on high and cook for about 3 hours.
- Then add cooked hamburger, raw carrots, raw potatoes, onion, and all other spices. Continue to cook for another 5 hours or until beans, potatoes, and carrots are tender.
- *Note- you can add everything raw at the beginning and then just allow it to cook all day. Add double or triple seasoning if you do it this way or it will be bland.