Recipe by Lea Marie
This recipe makes a succulent filling for your peach pie or cobbler. The combination of ingredients, and the baking technique are adapted from my grandmother's recipe.
- 8 cups sliced peaches (large commercial size can in syrup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced in tbsp portions
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, mixture (mix to suit your taste. You might try 25% ground cinnamon to 75% sugar as a starting point. I mix up)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peaches, reserving 1 cup of syrup for recipe.
- Combine peaches, syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg & tapioca in large sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Prepare 9x13 pan lined with pie crust.
- Prepare lattice topping for cobbler.
- Place peach mixture in crust lined pan.
- Dot mixture with butter portions, spaced evenly.
- Arrange lattice topping, crimping into top edge of crust.
- Sprinkle crust with cinnamon-sugar mixture for color.
- Place, uncovered, in 450°F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°F and bake 60 minutes, or until golden brown.