Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm always trying to find ways to cook those cheap chicken leg quarters. I came up with this trying to find a good way to bake them whole and not cut up. My family loves them and I figure you can use any good seasoning mix to use in this method. Cavender's just happens to be one of my favorite blends. It's kinda of a greek pepper taste. It's made in Harrison, AR. It's also salt free!
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- cavender's all purpose Greek seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and pat dry each leg quarter.
- Rub skin with olive oil.
- Dust LIBERALLY with Cavender's.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- I put the leg quarters on a raised rack inside a jelly roll pan with some water put in the bottom. Lets the fat drip off and keeps the chicken out of it.
After a long day out of town, all I wanting to do is come home and rest, but I needed to feed the family. So this recipe was perfect, it took me less then five mins to prepare. The chicken was tender, we served it with mash potatoes and steamed broccoli. I did however need to make a change, I didn't have Cavender's Seasoning in my region so I used Masterfoods Greek Seasoning. Thank you RazorbackFan
I follow the recipe and added a bit of garlic powder, and actually used a convection oven for 1 hour and the meat just fell off the bone. Very good recipe.
I marinated my bone-in leg quarters using another food.com recipe and didn't know how to cook them without a grill, I'm glad I saw this recipe; it's perfect. YUM!!!