Recipe by RazorbackFan
I'm always trying to find ways to cook those cheap chicken leg quarters. I came up with this trying to find a good way to bake them whole and not cut up. My family loves them and I figure you can use any good seasoning mix to use in this method. Cavender's just happens to be one of my favorite blends. It's kinda of a greek pepper taste. It's made in Harrison, AR. It's also salt free!
Top Review by Chef floWer
After a long day out of town, all I wanting to do is come home and rest, but I needed to feed the family. So this recipe was perfect, it took me less then five mins to prepare. The chicken was tender, we served it with mash potatoes and steamed broccoli. I did however need to make a change, I didn't have Cavender's Seasoning in my region so I used Masterfoods Greek Seasoning. Thank you RazorbackFan
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- cavender's all purpose Greek seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and pat dry each leg quarter.
- Rub skin with olive oil.
- Dust LIBERALLY with Cavender's.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- I put the leg quarters on a raised rack inside a jelly roll pan with some water put in the bottom. Lets the fat drip off and keeps the chicken out of it.