- 1 1⁄2 cups very ripe chopped fruit (try kiwi, it's Green!)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chopped fruit and the corn syrup in a blender and puree.
- The puree should be smooth, without any lumps.
- Place plastic wrap over baking sheet and pour the puree onto it.
- Smooth the puree so that it covers the baking sheet evenly.
- (the mixture should be thin,about 0.125 inch thick) Put the baking sheet in a warm oven, 150 degrees, for 4-6 hours , checking it every half hour.
- Dry the puree until it is pliable and has the feel of leather.
- It shouldn't be wet or very sticky.
- Using hot pads, remove the baking sheet from the over.
- Let the leather cool and then roll it up in the plastic wrap.