Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from The Ultimate Book of Cocktails by Stuart Walton. He says, “The particular year in question was 1928, when Harry Craddock, a barman at the Savoy Hotel in London, created this drink for a party held there on February 29.” Well, let’s have a party February 29, 2012! :)
- 3 tablespoons gin (2 measures)
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (1/2 measure)
- 2 teaspoons red sweet vermouth (1/2 measure)
- 1 dash lemon juice, plus lemon rind
- Add gin, Grand Marnier, sweet red vermouth. and lemon juice to ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon rind over the surface of the drink so that a little of its oil sprays out.
Do I have to wait 4 more years for another? This was slightly sweet and much to my liking. Took a lot of self-control to stop at one. My favorite martini this week so far. Made for The Wild Bunch for ZWT8 for its trip to Britain.
Well this was fun! Didn't know what to expect when reading the ingredients, but it turned out to be a nice, strong and not sweet martini! I doubled the recipe to fit in my martini glass. Very yummy. Made for ZWT8 for the pub crawl for team Jammin Jazzberries for GB. Cheers!