Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am in big trouble if this isn't on the table at my kids birthday's, family BBQ's, potlucks etc. I get asked for the recipe all the time. I have tweeked the recipe to my liking and am very proud of the result, I have not had any complaints. The ingredients liseted will serve about 6 anytime I make it I always triple the recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups of crumbled tortilla chips
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- Brown meat with taco seasoning and onions.
- Drain meat and set aside to cool.
- Just before serving, mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl, along with meat.
- Toss lightly.
- * if not serving right away leave out the tortilla chips until right before it will be eaten, this does not sit well overnight, but I can garantee you won't have any left ;).