Recipe by Mustang Sally 54269
I've tried several Shepherd Pie recipes but I keep coming back to this one. This is one of the few that calls for cream corn & worcestershire to add a different twist to the recipe. Adapted from 'Cooking for the Rushed' cookbook. The original recipe uses instant mashed potatoes but I prefer to use regular ones.
Top Review by ebbtide
Wife and I really enjoyed your dish tonight. Was simple and tasty. Did ratch it up a notch with some chopped onions and bell pepper. And, if one not adverse to calories, some sharp cheddar on top during last few minutes would be 'frosting on the cake'.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes (or instant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large fry pan, brown meat until it is no longer pink.
- Add ketchup, worcestershire sauce & seasoning to cooking meat. Stir well.
- Pour meat mixture into a large rectangular pan.
- Rinse frozen corn & spread it evenly over the meat mixture.
- Spread the creamed corn next.
- Top casserole with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. If you like the top abit crunchy, broil a few minutes before removing from the oven.